Who's it For?
Recent College Graduates
Experience Lab at Penn is designed to help you gain the confidence, clarity, network, and abilities to navigate an ever-changing marketplace. Here's how:
You learn how your degree, interests, and skills can make a real-world impact at growing companies. Our curriculum is currently focused on Digital Marketing & Storytelling, and Business Development.
Gain real Experience
Throughout the program, you work on real projects with real teams and growing companies. You will gain relevant real-world experience and skills needed to build a body of work and prepare you for your career in this ever-changing landscape.
Work With Global Startups
Our network of growing companies are located around the world. Work virtually to solve problems in industries ranging from AI to Agriculture, and do it while learning about new economies, languages, and cultures.
Build a Network
There's never been a more important time to build your network than now. Together, you'll meet peers, instructors, professionals, and talent managers that will help you learn about yourself and support your next steps well after graduation.
What will you do?
Through in-person meetups, workshops, discussions and real-world opportunities, you are supported and guided during your journey through your chosen track.
40 HOURS A WEEK
You'll work with an organization that needs your skills and wants to see you excel. Together, you will spend your days fully immersed in important challenges and projects.
3 Course Tracks
Stay connected and engaged through virtual meetups and online coursework with peers and instructors who will support you throughout the program.
1 AMAZING OPPORTUNITY
Spend time in discussions and workshops with leaders from venture capitalists to entrepreneurs. Lean on an incredible alumni network of Experience Lab fellows around the world.
Experience Lab at Penn is designed as a way to launch students into the marketplace without the expense of another degree and with no hidden fees or additional expenses.
Here’s what’s included in your program fee:
- One-on-one support to connect you with a 12-week virtual Field Experience
- Three months of personalized online coursework to help you prepare for your Field Experience and to build your professional portfolio
- All required physical materials and resources are shipped to your place of residence
- Intensive all-class virtual retreat focused on your chosen curricular track (Meetup!)
- Weekly instructor calls to offer support throughout your courses and Field Experience
- Bi-monthly online events such as panels, talks, workshops
- Certificate of completion from Experience Lab at Penn
- Workshops to help you navigate your career by making values-based decisions and tell your story through a portfolio, LinkedIn profile, and resume
- Two sessions with Career Coaches to learn more about your industry and see where you best fit
- Three months of post-program professional support to help you prepare for interviews and connect you to companies interested in working with you
Key Program Dates
Our Program Calendar
Experience Lab at Penn runs three sessions per year: Spring, Summer and Fall. A self-paced prep course begins the program, followed by a meetup of the program cohort with instructors (meetups are virtual until further notice). Field experiences round out the program session, concluding with a closing ceremony to celebrate your achievements.
Sessions open for Applications
Prep Course Launches: Jul 5*
Meetup: Sept 14-24
Field Experiences: Sept 27- Dec 17
Closing Ceremony: Dec 21
*40 hours of self-paced pre-work between Jul 5 - Sept 13, and then full time Sept 14 - Dec 17
Please complete the first step of the application process below. If accepted, you'll receive an invitation within 3 days to complete the full application.
We look forward to meeting you!
Our Curriculum Prepares Students for Life
About Experience Lab at Penn
This program is a collaboration between Experience Lab and The University of Pennsylvania’s College of Liberal and Professional Studies (Penn LPS) to enable college graduates to transition into trending careers through skill-building, networking, and immersive entrepreneurial experiences.